Centurylink (Ctl) : Fiber
Whether it was CenturyLink buying Level 3, Crown Castle buying Lightower or regional operator Atlantic Broadband acquiring dark fiber assets from FiberLight, the year 2017 showed that fiber is valuable to a diverse set of service providers.
There are four main types of service providers that are acquiring fiber assets: Telcos: Being the main operator in town for over a century, AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink and other independent ILECs have continued to invest in their long-haul, metro and last-mile fiber networks to businesses and consumers.
"Our expanded network provides businesses in Greenwich with local network infrastructure and support alongside global connectivity, creating a gateway for information exchange across the region and around the world,” said Carl Bonitz, general manager for New York, Connecticut and Rhode Island for CenturyLink, in a release.
While local fiber penetration is certainly a key element of this latest network expansion, the service provider positions itself to Following the completion of the Level 3 Communications acquisition late last year, CenturyLink's fiber network now consists of 450,000 route miles with connections in 500 major cities worldwide. The latest was the fifth in a series of expansions completed over the last year, including Stamford, Hartford and Norwalk, Conn. , and White Plains, N. Y. CenturyLink said the route expansions deliver business customers added network diversity and more capacity.
Technical Analysis Summary: 26 Jan
- [Bearish]: Average True Range has confirmed an downtrend is present. Centurylink has a TR of 0. 47, and an ATR(14) of 0. 508.
- [BULLISH]: Centurylink currently has a confirmed uptrend. Recent trading has caused the SWMA 5 day average to exceed the closing price confirming the short term trend following indicator. Currently, the return on SWMA5 is 2. 5%.
- [BULLISH]: Centurylink currently has a confirmed uptrend. Price is currently above the displaced moving average for CTLCurrently, the return on DPO20 is 2. 5%.
- [BULLISH]: Centurylink current accumulation has given strength to the share price and the continuation of bullish trading conditions.
- Centurylink has moved below the 161. 8% level ($155. 13) [Bullish]. Look for a long limit order entry near this point. Exit price for CTL should be set @$128. 5 & Stoploss for Centurylink should be set at $181. 76
- CTL: CLOSE Current Signal -> (1) 26 Jan: BULLISH (2) 25 Jan: BULLISH (3) 24 Jan: BULLISH
- [BULLISH]: Dover Corp current accumulation has given strength to the share price and the continuation of bullish trading conditions.
- [BULLISH]: Centurylink currently has a confirmed uptrend. Recent trading has caused the EMA 5 day average to exceed the closing price confirming the short term trend following indicator. Currently, the return on EMA5 is 2. 5%.
- [BEARISH]: Centurylink current trading has maintained the Envelope Bands to overbought status and signalled the continuation of the bearish trading conditions. Currently, the Upper Band is 17. 9970.
- CTL: VROC Current Signal -> (1) 26 Jan: BULLISH CROSSOVER (2) 25 Jan: BEARISH CROSSOVER (3) 24 Jan: BEARISH CROSSOVER
- CTL: Stochastic Oscillator Signal -> (1) 26 Jan: BEARISH (2) 25 Jan: BULLISH CROSSOVER (3) 24 Jan: NEUTRAL
Comments have been disabled for this post